Has your rent for your mobile home just drastically gone up? Think you have no choice but to pay the huge increase? Think again. You may have recourse against the high rent. Don’t automatically assume that you don’t. It may be helpful to consult with a renters rights attorney. While California state law does not cover rent increases, some areas have local rent control ordinances which you may not be aware of. There are over 100 cities and counties within the state which do cover rent increases. See Civil Code Sections 798.17(a) and 1947.8.


In addition, there are some situations in which a rent control ordinance might be exempted. Renters must be provided with written notice 90 days in advance of the increase. Many landlords do not comply with the Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL).


If you are the victim of what you may believe is an illegal increase in rent, don’t just stand there and do nothing. Fight for your rights. Get some help. Contact an attorney who deals with renters rights law. You need someone on your side who will stand up for your rights.


Mobile home park residents are covered by state laws which help to protect your rights as a renter.  The eviction process is clearly spelled out in the California Civil Code under the Mobilehome Residency Law ( MRL).  You have certain rights under this provision of the law.  It is important that you know your rights;  what the mobile home park owner can and cannot do.  Due to the fact that it is a very serious situation if you have been given an eviction notice, you must take immediate action to hopefully be able to stay in your home.  Nobody wants to be evicted.  You need the help of a renters rights lawyer to guide you through this difficult time.


California law states that the landlord must have just cause for evicting a resident. Some examples of just cause would be failing to pay the rent on time, illegal activity, being a danger to others, and/or being in violation of the park rules.  If you have received a 3 day notice to quit, you have the right to “cure” the violation.  In the case of not paying the rent on time, if you pay the rent you have cured the violation.  If you do not pay the rent, a 60 day notice of eviction will be issued.


If you find yourself in the terrible situation of being subjected to a possible eviction from your mobile home, don’t do nothing.  It will not help.  Seek out the advice and counsel of an experienced renters rights lawyer.

Do you have a mobile home park owner who won’t fix something within the park?  Think you can’t do anything about it?  You may have an option to get help by contacting an attorney who deals with renters rights law.  Mobile home owners are required to maintain their property as outlined in the Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL) under the Civil Code of the state of California.


You have certain rights under the law, and you can sue for park management violations.  Certain violations by park management may be covered in these laws.  If management has not made requested repairs, they may be in violation of being a “public nuisance”.  This would include not properly maintaining the property.  Proper notice in writing must be made to the park management. If you have not received action to your written request for repairs, you may need the services of a lawyer who deals in renters rights law.


Don’t get frustrated with the inaction of your park owner.  Get sound legal advice.  You may have a case against the management.  Your renters rights law professional will be able to help you determine which area of the law is being violated and what the remedy is. The Mobile Home Residency Law is designed to oversee owners and provide rights to tenants.  Get the help you deserve.  Don’t delay.   Contact one of our attorneys today.

Here is how it works

1 Fill out the attached questions  concerning your problem
2 Lawyers will respond to your problems
3 You choose the lawyer you want to contact.


Your information will be given to the attorney only after you have selected the lawyer you wish to talk to.

All fees will be discussed with the attorney you select.  Most will give a no cost consultation to help you determine the merits of your case.  All this happens before you pay a dime!